Monday, August 11, 2008

Toots

Lucy has a new fascination with toots, bottoms and all things related. For instance, when we were at the doctor for her 3 yr check up today (26 pnds, 25th percentile both weight and height) the nurse made a squeaking sound with her chair. While I am trying to have a conversation with the nurse, Lucy is tugging on me, giggling and saying over and over again, "Momma, who tooted?" "Did that lady toot?" "What? What was that? A toot?" No one is safe. On vacation, she and I were in the bathroom and some noise was made from above. Lucy asked me if it was a toot. I said no. That did little to squelch her giggles. Apparently she ran upstairs and announced to everyone in the house that I was downstairs tooting.
Her new favorite story: "The Emperor's New Clothes" Why? Because in our story there is a silly illustration with the Emperor's butt exposed. She kept turning back to that page today to show me "the king's bottom". Always with a giggle.
While I am tired of talking "potty talk" with her, the universe got it's sweet revenge on her tonight: she fell in the toilet.

No comments: