Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

After a long couple of months of taking care of ill dogs, dipping our toes in the housing market, doctor's appointments, Ian traveling overseas, Harper and Lucy each accomplishing new and exciting things, I have been wiped out. But no more. Ian came home early on Thursday and surprised me with my first Mother's Day gift: he was taking the day off on Friday and I was on my way to a pedicure and then book group that night. On Friday I had lots of time to myself and was able to get ready for our yard sale the next day and take Lucy to a birthday party without all of it being hectic and with Harper in tow. Sat was the yard sale- made some nice extra cash, crashed on the couch afterwards and then went out to dinner. And on Sunday Lucy was so excited to celebrate Mother's Day with me and presented me bright and early with a drawing, banana coconut pancakes and lots of love. Harper gave lots of kisses and hugs herself. Then we walked a couple of miles into Old Town, played at one of the playgrounds there, had a picnic and headed home. Then I got to spend some time with Reggie in the sun in the backyard while Ian handled dinner and the girls. All in all pedicures, flowers, hand-painted flower pots, cards and pictures were wonderful, but so was the extra time we all got to spend together.
Now if only the jumping bean in my belly would take a time out. He likes to keep me up all night (and yes, we still have half way to go!) He didn't get the memo that Sunday was Mother's Day and all that rest and relaxation has gone straight out the door. I had my time, now it's back to work.

No comments: