Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Spy...

We have a new game in our house. Lucy calls it "I spy blood". Doesn't every 3 year old play this game at home? You see, Reggie still as the tube in his cheek and the hard cone around his head. The cone is there to keep him from messing with the tube and to help catch the drainage from it. The cone in turn drives him crazy and tickles his ears, etc. He then shakes his head all day long, each time sending a spray of blood droplets all over the house. It is lovely and in a small space and a big cone on his head there isn't really any place for us to put him so the big chore around our house these days is blood clean up. In comes Lucy's game.
Let me start with some Lucy quotes: "You are so lucky to get to clean all the time, Momma." "It's ok Mom, you love to clean." and "Don't worry about it Daddy, Mommy will clean it up."
And so I spend a lot of days on my hands and knees looking over the carpet cleaning up spots of blood. Lucy loves to crawl around next to me and yell "I spy blood! I have good eyes and I spy blood. Over here, don't forget this spot mom!"
She has even begun putting these scenarios into her pretend play. Heart, her stuffed dog that she drags around on a "leash" is always hurt now. She tells me that he has a hole in his cheek and a hurt leg and she "always has to clean up blood because he is a mess". She gets out her little play cleaning supplies and "cleans up blood" all over the house.
Our little crime scene investigator, or a future Stanley Steemer, who knows what can come of this.

No comments: