Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You know you are pregnant when...

I just saw Andrew Zimmerman eating something and it looked tasty. No idea what it was, I didn't stay on the channel long enough to see that it was probably some animal testical, brains or some squishy insect fried on a stick. No, I changed the channel and am now just dreaming of the yumminess that must have been.
I went to the doctor today to have my third ultrasound. This was a bonus since they didn't get a good view of little man's face last time so they wanted to check out his nose and mouth. Harper tagged along and Lucy was at school. Here is how the visit went:
8am, finish yoga and begin drinking the requisite 64 ounces of water I am to consume by 9:30.
9am- get Lucy to school and head to the doctor's office, already noting that the little guy is pressing mighty hard on the ol' bladder.
9:30, usually Harper's naptime, but she is happy. We arrive at the doctor's office and sit for 25 minutes until our name is called. No, they are not ready to see me, they just need me to fill out more paperwork (This is the third time with this pregnancy and I was just there a little over a year ago when pregnant with Harper. You would think they would know by now that I do not have an allergy to latex gloves.)
10am-We sit. Harper is all over the place. She is running her matchbox firetruck all over the carpet making vroom, vroom sounds. She is also approaching any other child and standing about 6 inches from them, just staring. She is being good, but we are approaching snack time...
10:15- Harper notices the stereo in the corner of the room. She ventures over to it and begins entertaining the room with her dancing/ deep knee bend moves. My bladder is going to burst. I ask if it is ok if I use the restroom. They smile and say no.
10:30- Harper has had enough dancing and firetruck action. We are onto bugs. She "boings" her blue grasshopper all over me, herself and the person sitting next to me. I begin playing "row row, row your boat with her to keep her happy." Rowing is not good for a full bladder.
10:35. No doc in sight. I decide to take a chance and head to the restroom. I then race to the water cooler to down 4 more cups of water so I am not wasting my trip.
10:45 they call us back one hour and 15 mintues after my scheduled appointment. Harper has to sit in her stroller. No nap. No snack. Long wait. She isn't very happy that she can't see me or can't run around. She lets us know the entire time. But there he is. He is big, according to the ultrasound tech, but is still measuring at 24 weeks. He weighs about 1 lb, 4 oz. His face looks just like a skinny baby Harper and Lucy. His lips are perfect, his nose is perfect. He is yawning and holding his foot up by his head. He showed off just enough to make the wait worthwhile.
10:55- we are leaving. Harper has a snack in hand and is asleep in the car by 11:03. I have more photos of our baby boy and Ian is calling to see how things went. I tell him "perfect".

No comments: