Monday, June 15, 2009

Name that boy

Here is a typical conversation that I could be having with any adult at anytime, on any day.
Me: "Hi, how are you?"
Adult #2: "Great, how are you?"
Me: "Fine, blah, blah, blah, blah..." (I hear a murmur to my right at about this time in a mouselike voice)
Me: "Excuse me. What Lucy?"
Lucy: "What are we going to name our baby brother?"

No joke. This happens a lot. In pretty much that same order and usually with people that I don't see that often. Why this pops into her head the second I try to have an adult conversation with a seldom-seen friend, I have no idea.
The other time she brings this conversation up is when she doesn't have anything else to talk about. This is when she likes to offer her suggestions. So far, the best (read WORST) suggestion she has is to name her sweet baby brother Toenail. Other suggestions are Mushin', Bushin', and Cushin' as well as Alex, Reggie, and Melon. She honestly can't understand why we wouldn't consider the name Toenail for her brother. She likes the name, why wouldn't we? But why Toenail? I don't know, but what I do know is that Toenail has to be clipped from the list.

No comments: