Wednesday, June 10, 2009

City Kids and Capers

Lucy has created some sort of alternate universe. No, this is not a first, but this one is a bit different than the others. Yesterday she said, "Mom, can you help me find the child with the spooky eyes?" When I replied that I did not know what the child with the spooky eyes looked like she said, "Just like Harper." She continued looking for said child.
Then she said, "Me and the city kids are searching for the truth." I asked who the city kids were and she said, "LaLa and Heart" (Heart is her stuffed dog that she drags around on a "leash"). When I asked what "the Truth" looked like she said, "I don't know, but we're gonna find it!"
All of this was said while she looked under beds, behind doors, in cabinets and in her toy bags. Harper followed. She was not a City Kid, but the child with the spooky eyes, so her role was limited. I'm not sure if the truth was ever found, but Lucy was busy looking for it for a few hours.

No comments: