Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Teacher, teacher

Anybody that knew me when I was a little girl knows that I was always in charge. I was the play director, the dance instructor and the teacher. I would make my sister and all our friends do whatever I said (ok, so maybe you don't have to have known me when I was little, time doesn't change everything).
Lucy is the same way. Harper is not her target, yet, but LaLa is. Lucy has started pretending to be the teacher and LaLa the student. I love to see Lucy setting out clothes, a lunch and a backpack for LaLa and getting her ready for school. Then she puts LaLa in her babydoll carseat and into her imaginary car, drives her to "school" and then gets to work. She sets up art projects, free time activities, a lunch room, a storytime and even takes her out to the "playground". Other students include GaGa, Dippa Dippa, Siga, and Fred- although they seem to be the ones that get in trouble all the time. Troublemakers may not earn high marks, but Lucy certainly gets an A+ in pretend play.

No comments: