Friday, November 21, 2008

More than turkey

Lucy is gearing up for Thanksgiving. She is insisting that she will be helping with all the cooking. I've decided I will let her make the dressing all by herself. With the proper ingredients out and measured, I don't think she can do too much harm. The proof will be in the stuffing.
She is very excited about Gramzie and Pop Pop coming into town as well. She has lots of plans, and questions about their visit. She is very excited about having some friends join us as well. The only thing she isn't too jazz about- the fact that Barack Obama and Ina Garten won't be joining us. Here she was today, jumping up and down, telling me about everyone coming to Thanksgiving dinner and then she throws in "and Barack Obama and Ina and Gramzie and Pop Pop!" I stopped her and said, "Barack Obama and Ina won't be able to make it to Thanksgiving this year. They need to be with their families." Her face fell, she said "Oh no, I wanted to invite them over for dinner. When can they come?" I reminded her that we didn't actually know the President-elect or the food network star and that we could invite them the best way we knew, but they may not be able to come. She thought for a minute and then said, "that's ok. I'll tell Santa to deliver the invitation. They can come for dinner together another day." Hear that Santa? You've got some work to do.

No comments: