Saturday, November 15, 2008

He can dance, too!

A word on the previously mentioned "Jack" Lucy's left hand man: he can dance. I found this out last night when Lucy was waving her hand about half and inch from my face while I was singing her bedtime stories. It was, as you can imagine, quite annoying. When I asked her to stop for the 15th time, she said, "It's Jack, he learned how to dance. Isn't he a good dancer?" I told her that it was bedtime and Jack needed to start getting quiet. She stroked her hand and whispered to Jack that it was time to go to sleep. Then Jack whacked me in the face and she scolded him. Folks, it's a bit like living with Sybil around here. They say imaginary friends and strong imaginations are signs of a highly intelligent child. I don't know about that, but I do know that hitting your mom in the face and then looking at her with a straight face and blaming it on your friend, who is indeed your hand, takes talent- and guts.

No comments: