Monday, November 24, 2008

The Snots

When we got sniffles when we were growing up (and I think he still says it), my dad used to say "You might think it's funny, but it's SNOT!" I, in turn, say it to Lucy all the time. Well, I've been saying it a lot the past few days. Both girls have had a cold. Lucy's is better now but Harper is a snotty mess. She hates having her face cleaned up and definitely does not want her nose wiped (and I MUST wipe it every few minutes- seriously it is a lot of nastiness on her face). She twists and turns, screams, cries and throws herself about each and everytime. Harper will be playing peacefully on her blanket and I will look over, she will pop her head up and there it is, snot from one ear to the other, in her hair, behind he ears, on her hands and all over her shirt. It happens in a matter of seconds. She is one big gross mess. And she thinks it's funny. She sneezes and laughs, she drools all over her toys and plays in the mess, she looks at herself in the mirror and wipes her wet, snotty hands all over her face, squealing and loving every minute of it. She might think it's funny that her nose is really runny, but it's snot!
the shoulders on my shirts will never be the same. crusty. slimy. snotty.

No comments: