Monday, September 15, 2008

The most annoying sound in the world

For those of you who have seen the movie "Dumb and Dumber" you may remember a part where Jim Carrey says something to the effect of "Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?" When he lets loose, it is a terrible, loud, monotonous, long-lasting sound that could send shivers down anyones spine. That's my Harper.
She has taken to this sort of noise much of the day. Especially when I am holding her and she is in close range of my ear. She also likes to do it when I am trying to talk to anyone else, including while on the phone. I know it is just her way of testing out her voice and learning to make a new sound, but there have been more pleasant sounds made, trust me. She can do it for 3 minutes, 30 minutes or even a couple of hours. It isn't fussing, it isn't sing-song, it is just a super-loud, moaning, monotonous noise that takes over the whole house. Lloyd would be proud.

No comments: