Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finger lickin' good


Harper discovered her thumb. This was an adorable milestone for about a day. I was so excited- her naps were lengthened to one hour and a half nap and one 3 hour nap, this was after about 11 hours of sleep at night- what more could I ask for. Besides, what is cuter than a little baby waking up in the morning with a big smile and and her tiny little thumb in her mouth while she wakes up? It's adorable and it saves us from having to introduce her to a pacifier.

The problem? Now she spends the entire night looking for her thumb. Ian says it sounds like she just finished off a bucket of fried chicken and can't stop licking her fingers. She continues to sleep great, we on the other hand, don't sleep at all. This is also holding up our introducing her to sleeping in the same room with Lucy. I might be able to go a few nights without sleep, but I'm not sure I can handle a Lucy who had to listen to the KFC lover for several nights in a row. Perhaps our little thumbelina will figure out things soon, not sure how we get her to stop, but I'm not against putting mittens on those paws.

No comments: