Friday, September 26, 2008

Life is an adventure




Lucy loves a good caper. Case in point: I folded some laundry yesterday in the basement and was baffled when I got upstairs and could not find a stack of folded wash cloths. Lucy was immediately on the case. She looked under everything in the house, she looked behind doors and then took it to the hallway and the basement. She had a flashlight in hand and did a whole lot of talking about the "mystery" and the "robbers" who took the wash cloths. She was still talking about it hours later when it was time for bed. When I found the missing cloths in with some other laundry last night I was so pleased that I could help ease Lucy's mind. I told her this morning and she jumped up and down yelling "yeah, we found the wash cloths. Good sleuthing, Mom!"

Another example: We are going apple picking tomorrow with the Butlers. Lucy is very excited that we can "rescue the apples" at the orchard. Hopefully we won't need a magnifying glass, flashlight, and cape for the rescue.

No comments: