Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sick and I Love You

Lucy has had the flu this week and for the first time had to be kept home from school. She was pretty pathetic for a day or two but has certainly rebounded today. I think she was actually proud that she threw up. She would say, "What did I do?" or "What was on my shirt?" and smile and sort of wear the idea like a badge of courage. Who would of thought that this would bring a sense of pride?

Now that she is feeling better she is still craving the nonstop attention. The good news is that most of the time she is asking for the attention by telling me that she loves me or asking me for kisses and hugs. She has also taken to kissing and talking to "Little Sister" in my belly. Of course, all of these things are very sweet, but she has already figured out that she can manipulate me by being naughty and then saying "I love you" or "I need a hug and a kiss". Con artist.

Since she was feeling better today we went to Oxon Hill Farm with Ronin, Deb and X. Lucy and Ronin always greet each other with hugs and kisses and Ronin really loves to hold hands with Lucy. Today though, they had the most awkward hand-holding grasp you have ever seen and Deb and I had to keep from laughing at them- it was a sort of mid-air palm to palm hand hold with their fingers laced, sort of how Lauren and I used to play "mercy" when we were growing up. As we were driving away, Lucy was talking about playing with "Ronin and Miss Deb and what's that other guy's name?" You know, the kid that she sees as Ronin's sidekick several times a week? X is his name, I think we all know it by now.

No comments: