Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heard on Governors Ct. July 2009

New location, new things being said around the homestead...
Lucy:
-"Keep it in yours". She says this when she has what she considers a good idea. Since we often give her the response of "I'll keep that in mind," she has decided that she will beat us to our punch line and go ahead and tell us to "Keep it in yours."
-"That's the boys room, that's the girls room". This is her explanation for Ian keeping some of his clothes in the baby's closet, which is the largest of all the bedroom closets. I think Lucy likes the idea of Ian not being the only boy in the house and she of course loves that she and Harper share a room, even if it had to be blue and was in no way to be pink.
-"Read this. Mom, maybe you didn't hear me. I said read this. I was telling you!" You might wonder what it was that needed such urgent reading? The book "Little Miss Bossy".
-"All I need is attention and then I won't be so naughty". She's right and this has been her response to me over the past few weeks while I have been so busy with the move.

Harper:
-"Why?"- she has no idea what this question means, but she asks it everytime you tell her to do something these days.
-"Yeah." - her response to every question. It sounds a whole lot like "no" but you know she means "no" when she shakes her head in addition to saying it.
- She can tell you what a lion, dog, cat, cow, duck, sheep, pig, owl and a horse say. She can point out her nose, eyes, hair, head, belly button, toes, feet, mouth, teeth and bottom. She loves to spot airplanes, make fish faces, and shake her hips. She uses the words bottle, banana, cracker, blueberries, strawberry, milk, water, eat, snack, dinner, cheese to tell me when she is hungry. In fact the first words I hear every morning being shouted from her room are "Momma, get down! Banana, bottle, milk! Get down. Get down. Get down!!" There are many other words that she uses and even more that she will repeat. Including songs, whether they are traditional songs or songs that Lucy makes up and Harper adopts as her own. My favorites lately are hearing her say, "Round and round" from wheels on the bus and "My Harpa, My wear diapa" after Lucy's song, "My name is Harper, I wear a diaper!"

No comments: