Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Due date dilemma

So we are in the final countdown. Just a couple more months to go. The doctor thinks I am measuring small and the baby is weighing heavy. What that means is that they don't know what that means. "Weighing heavy" is no big deal since the girls were so little, a boy being a little bit bigger is really nothing to fret about. My measuring small is no big deal either since I always do and they always send me for an ultrasound at around 35 weeks to confirm the due date. The only catch is that they now think that my due date could be off by a week. A week earlier.
That sounds great on one front- I am already terribly uncomfortable all the time. The baby is a violent kicker. He is head down-good news since he is completely out of room and to flip now would be traumatic for both of us. Coming a week early, that sounds like a relief. But...
Coming a week early means one less week for Harper to be the baby. One less week to get the house ready. One week closer to crowding in on Lucy's bday (we have a deal with her, the baby won't come until after her birthday- here's hoping!)
So I'll just stick to my original due date, September 21. That date has worked for Ian and me before, right?

1 comment:

miss k said...

hey you - glad to see you are finding time to blog. i have been thinking about you - can't wait to see your new house. we miss you.