Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Little Boss

So I've been searching for little girl friends for Lucy for more than a year now. As everybody knows, Lucy's best friends are all boys and she has a few girl friends, but they are not kids we see very often. So, I've been waiting for her to make some sort of connection with the girls in her class. She still talks primarily about Greg, Oscar, AJ, etc , of course all boys, but seems to have made friends with a litle girl, Abby (who, by the way, might be exactly twice Lucy's height!) Today my fears were put aside when I took Lucy to school. We got to school a couple minutes later than normal and when we got to the door, two of the little girls in her class, Abby and Karissa ran to the door yelling "Lucy, Lucy!!" They were so smiley and Lucy got excited, but of course, the little bossy lady came out and she said, "Ok, back up so I can come in the room". No "hello" or giggles or any sort of nice greeting, just a command. Then she added, "I have to go potty before I come into the Panda room. Then we can play." We went to the potty and when she came back she more or less gave them permission to play with her and they were off. Still, their excitement didn't wane, but I sure do hope that she can stop bossing them around to actually make, and keep, some girl friends!
Later, when I picked her up at school, she ran into Nathaniel in the bathroom, another classmate. She didn't say a word to him, but he kept jumping up and down shouting "Lucy, Lucy!!" Apparently she gets rave reviews from the kids in her class, even if she doesn't always share the love! Maybe she was just playing it cool in front of her mom.

No comments: