Friday, April 25, 2008

Teddy Bear Picnic


We met up with some of our Old Town playgroup friends today at a park down near the Potomac. We had a teddy bear picnic. Lucy chose to take her hot pink tea set, her two Care Bears and enough food to feed an army of hungry children. She played in the sandbox, on the slides and had all the boys chasing her to grab the football she was holding hostage. They might tackle harder than she can, but, boy oh boy, she is so much faster than they are- quick little feet!

Over the past few days Lucy has become so mommy-minded. She calls me to do everything for her and doesn't mind having Ian around, in fact wants him around, but I am the one she wants to do everything for her. She butters me up by saying things like "Momma, you are so beautiful, your eyes are so beautiful and your face is so beautiful". Then she climbs on me like I'm a jungle gym. She was sliding down the slide today and said, "Here I come sliding. And I love you!" Maybe she senses that our whole world is going to be changing very soon.

No comments: