Thursday, February 21, 2008

The spooky and sweet side of things

Spooky: Ian is out of town and for two nights in a row Lucy has out of the blue said "Oooh! A ghost just ran by me" or "Oooh! That ghost that ran by me was really fast". I have no idea what she is talking about or where she has gotten this, but it certainly spooks me! They do say that children see things we can't. Let's hope not.

Sweet: Lucy has been super affectionate these days. Most of the time I am being showered with hugs and kisses and she is always telling me how much she loves me. It is certainly a nice thing to hear, even if it is a million times in a day. The funny part of it all, she uses it when she gets in trouble or when she thinks she might get in trouble. I'll start getting frustrated with her and she'll say, "I love you so much momma. I need to give you a kiss and a hug right now." I have to say, it does make me slower to get angry and is a nicer way to resolve things. Too bad for her, I'm still not a softy, it's a hug, a kiss, and 'I love you' and then back to time-out or a lecture for Lucy!

No comments: