Sunday, December 30, 2007

Giving Thanks

Lucy and I have started saying bedtime prayers and they have gotten very sweet. We've only been doing them for about a week but she never lets me forget to say them and she is always ready with her responses. I start by saying "Dear God, thank you for..." and she fills in the blanks. She has been thankful for each of her family members by name, for Reggie, for La La, for food, for her house, her friends, her toys, her bed, Daddy, Momma and her car. I love hearing what she comes up with and she always ends with a big "Amen!" I figured that with her love for the story of the Nativity and baby Jesus that we should take the opportunity to give thanks. There's something really nice about her realizing that she is thankful for her family, friends and all the things in her life. Of course, Reggie is usually the thing that she is most thankful for.

No comments: