Friday, December 21, 2007

First Haircut




Well, after hearing of all sorts of stories of friends taking their kids for their first haircuts and the kids crying, squirming or being altogether terrified, I was a little apprehensive about taking Lucy. She didn't really require a haircut, but we thought that her hair was looking a bit scraggly and it was getting harder and harder to comb with all the crazy lengths in the back. So I thought that I would leave it up to Lucy. I asked her "would you like to go get a haircut today" and she replied, "can we go right now". I guess she didn't want it to interfere with any of her other plans.


I took her to Hair Cuttery so we didn't have an appointment and when we go there we had to wait 10 minutes, a lifetime to Lucy and in that time she asked a million times, "Can I get my haircut now? Taylor, Hunter, Momma, Daddy, Ronin and Deb all get their hair cut. I need to, too!" Of course, since she is cute, smart and was so excited, they paid extra attention to her. They brought a special seat for her, a special bib, lollipops, a certificate, posed for pictures and pretty much made her feel like getting your haircut was the best thing ever. She sat perfectly still, smiled the whole time. When we were leaving she said "I want to get my haircut again". No trauma here!

No comments: