Sunday, January 10, 2010

How Far Can He Regress?

Graham is just shy of his 4 month bday. So how far, exactly, can he regress? Well, if it were up to him, he would be crawling back into the womb. All the milestones we had reached have suddenly vanished, leaving Ian and I scratching our heads, no, wait, that is too mild. Rather, the regression has made Ian and I feel like we are going insane. No, still too mild. ^%$^%*&(*)(*)(HKLJHOOIUHJLNK(*&(*&(*&*&%&$%& Ok. Expletives make the point.
In the past week Graham has given up his daily routine.
In the past week Graham has decided not to sleep through the night.
In the past week Graham has decided that not only will he not sleep through the night, he will now no longer sleep in his bed or in any flat position.
In the past week Graham has decided that he will not take a bottle.

He has made a fool out of us. I have taken him to the doctor twice. They happily and cheerfully took my $40 and diagnosed him as "fussy". (yes, they actually wrote that in the diagnosis portion of his chart).
He has cried it out. He has been comforted and soothed. He has been given pretty much anything and everything he wants to make him stop crying. We are exhausted and looking forward to a new week. Perhaps as quickly as he turned on us he will adopt a new attitude and turn things around once more and my blog entries can once more be filled with adoring words rather than the damned and cursed.

2 comments:

lgs said...

Now you understand more why I was willing to pay for so much help:)
I was 20 years older..ugh.

JFK and Co. said...

Kaden did the EXACT same thing to us during month three. After many doctors appointments, and trying anything and everything we could to get the crying to stop and sleeping to start, he has eventually started shaping up (20 weeks). He is sleeping through the night again, but naps are still quite a challenge - he wakes up crying and fussy after 40 minutes or so. I am sending my wishes for some peaceful days and nights to come you way soon. I can't imagine doing this with two other little ones in the house - you are my hero!