Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flu Bug

Our little Lu Bug had the flu this weekend. Other than the 104 temp and the throwing up, she was fine. Really. This kid has a really hard time getting people to believe that she is sick. Perhaps it is the jumping, the playing, the giggles, the constant need for somebody to entertain her or the calling of her little sister down to play with her in the guest room that betrays her illness.
She was simply bored, and sad that she had to miss a birthday party to stay in bed all day. One day of being sick, another day of not much of an appetite, and then she was back on track asking when we were going to make ice cream, when we could go outside and play (with no coat on) and looking forward to school.
Bon Bon and Grandpa were in town so at least she had them to entertain her as well, and Aunt Taylor took some of the Harper duties to keep her occupied since keeping her away from Lucy was pure torture.
To pass the time Lucy watched 4 movies, looked through zoo magazines, books on space, pandas and princesses, decorated a jewelry box (for about 2 hours!) and "worked" on her laptop. All in a day's work. Come to think about it, if I could have the same energy and minimal being "sick", I wouldn't mind a day of movies, books, magazines and "work". I think I might be running a fever. No wait, if I'm sick and Ian is at work then I only have the kids to take care of me. Never mind. I just can't pull off being sick like Lucy.

No comments: