Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Busy, busy week

We have a shortened week due to Labor Day- yeah! But that also means that a lot of things are happening in just a few days- doctor's appointment, carpet measuring, carpet installation (with any luck!), water heater installation, Lucy's haircut, Lucy's open house for school, Kylee and Natalie coming over to help get ready for the party, Pops and Grandma arriving, pick up moonbounce a couple towns over, getting ready for the big party and birthday festivities and maybe having a baby. It is all happening, but I am exhausted already. Today in the matter of 30 minutes (which happened to be the same 30 minutes that I gave myself to lay on the couch doing nothing) Harper was sent to time out 3 times and Lucy was sent twice. It is a rainy day, the pool is closed, summer is over and there is no basement to play in. Time out for Harper is just another way to spend the day- she could care less. For Lucy who doesn't get sent to time out very often, it is more serious and includes a lot of sucking-up afterwards. All I want is a nap, some real contractions and an excuse to stay at my "spa".
Spa? Yes, that's what Ian and I call my hospital stays. I get help with the baby around the clock, I get to nap and somebody brings me food. I get to watch what I want on tv and everybody who comes in congratulates me. Who thought that I would be looking forward to extreme pain just so I could get a nap?

No comments: