Friday, April 10, 2009

Tricky Trickster


Harper is a handful and she enjoys being so. Yesterday I put her down for a nap, or should I say, happy, happy playtime? Naptimes are full of me going in and laying her back down, her laughing at me, laying there for approximately 30 seconds kicking her legs as hard as she can against her bed and then jumping up to do something she isn't suppose to: breaking mini blinds, inspecting her feet, chewing her crib (her crib now looks like a Hamster lives in it). Yesterday I went in to go through the motions and she looked at me, smiled and handed me her diaper. Yes, that's right, she decided to take off her diaper and was waiting for me to come in so she could gift me with it. She was very proud. Good thing I had just changed the nastiness that was her diaper just a few minutes before.

To end some of this madness, I am cutting waaaaay back on her morning naptimes in hopes that she will be exhausted at afternoon nap. Today her only nap was in the car on the way to DC. She even slept through jackhammering next to the car when I was loading the stroller. Today's afternoon nap only required 2 trips in and then it was off to lullaby land for the "little troublemaker", as Lucy likes to call her.

No comments: