Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Did I hear a "Yo" in there?

Harper is learning the art of conversation. We've noticed the past week or so that she has started saying "no" to things she doesn't like and repeats it when she hears it- including in church when the minister says it and she yells "No, no, no, no, no!"
But, yes, or "yeah" has entered her vocabulary as well. She doesn't really know what she is saying all the time, but she has started answering questions with one or the other. Here is a recent conversation we had at my doctor's appointment:
Me: "Ok, Harper, are you ready to go?"
H: "No."
Me: "Are you sure, Momma is leaving and I would like for you to go with me. Would you like to go with me? "
H: "Yeah."
Then she claps her hands and on the way out somebody said, aren't you pretty? (to her, of course) and she said, "No."
Sometimes she doesn't know how to answer so she'll say "Yo" or "Nay". Either that or she's gearing up for a career in hip hop or Congress. I guess we'll see.

No comments: