Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Now that's an idea!



We went to Oxon Hill Farm on Friday to enjoy the warm weather and to appease Lucy. She has been asking to go all winter, but it is not a very fun activity in the cold, or on wet, muddy days. Friday was perfect, though, and Harper is really at an age where she appreciates the animals.
We went and saw all the animals which seemed to be enjoying the weather as well. The cows were walking about and scratching themselves on teh barks of trees, the roosters and chickens were walking about the farm (they had escaped from their pen) and were entertaining Harper endlessly, especially when one came within inches of her and kept crowing. She was stunnned, but she clapped and laughed after a moment. The giant pig was slopping around in his little pool and then rooted in the mud and the geese came right up to the fence and honked so much and so loudly that Harper, of course, had to repeat. She would not let me leave the ducks and geese, she would strained to see them if I tried to walk away so we just hung out there for a while.
When we were leaving I asked Lucy if she had had a nice time. She agreed that she had. Then she added. "This was a really great idea of mine. I've been keeping this idea in my memory reminder for a long time. It has lots of great ideas in it. Next time you need an idea, you let me know and I will see what ideas are in my memory reminder." Well, ok.

No comments: