Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shopping with mom


Lucy and I had our first shopping trip today. Not our actual first trip to a store, of course, but our first "I'm paying, now pick out what you like" outting. You see, Lucy is very choosy with her outfits. I had bought a couple things for her a week or so ago and she recieved some things in the mail a few days ago. Much of it she loved, the other stuff elicited comments like, "I will never wear that" or "I don't think I really like that" or "I don't like that color. Or that shirt or those pants. You need to find me something I will like." So, we did just that. There really isn't any rhyme of reason to her selections. They don't involve characters or a particular color or style. I made the returns and handed her her very own gift card and let her choose what she wanted. She was already concerned about sizes, opting always for the hangers that had "green numbers" (2T) instead of the ones we needed, the ones with pink 3Ts. I guess she wasn't ready to move up a size- just like a girl.

We were needing a snack but also needed to hit another store to pick up a bday gift for Aunt Taylor, which Lucy was super-excited about choosing. We took the selected items to the cashier, Lucy paid and we took them to the car, in the rain. We had bought a bag of chips in the store, Lucy sat in the passenger seat of the car and we ate a little snack. She thought she was so big sitting in the front. Then she said, "I wish I could be a raindrop. They look like they are having so much fun sliding down the windows." I agreed. Then she added, "Thank you for bringing me shopping. I'm having a really fun day." Me, too.

No comments: