Saturday, March 14, 2009

Matching fish

I am sorry to say that we went swimming yesterday with the girls in their new matching swim suits and I did not take a single photo. It is a bit challenging taking photos and making sure that neither daredevil drown, so I opted for no photos. Next time, maybe.
It was a sight, though, and all loved the new suits. Especially the girls. Lucy loved that they matched, Harper loved the skirt on the suit and the feel of the fabric.
As usual, Lucy turned purple and was ready to get out of the water after about an hour. Harper on the other hand, was taken out of the water protesting the entire time. I stripped her down on the side of the pool to take off her nasty wet diaper and she kicked and mouthed to me the entire time, trying to get back to the water.
It could be a long, wet, tiring summer with these two. Lucy likes to be independent in the water and Harper wants to do whatever Lucy is doing. Plus, Harper is a little daredevil. She'll be the one that is dangling one toe over the deep end while laughing at me as I scramble to catch her before she drowns. Of course, Lucy is a tattle tale so that will help. Can you hire personal lifeguards? I may need one in about 2 months.

No comments: