Thursday, March 26, 2009

Now, that's funny


Lucy was trying to telly me "jokes" tonight. They all consisted of her saying something ridiculous and then repeated it in a "say what?" type of voice. For instance, she would say, "what do you get when you see a dancing apple?" I say, "what?" and she says (in a "what you talkin' about Willis?" voice) "dancing apple? It's a joke!"

I never got the joke, but she certainly thought it was funny.

What was funnier was what happened earlier.

Harper was playing with the giggle ball- a ball with two sides, one Burt, one Ernie. The ball shakes and giggles when you push a button on one of the mouths. If you push one side too long, the other side starts saying "Is it my turn, yet?" Lucy thinks otherwise.

She swears that the ball says, "Did the car turn, yet?"

I told her that didn't make any sense and told her what it was really saying. She argued with me for about 5 minutes, all the while, I was playing the saying over and over again. We took it to Ian who agreed that I was correct. She continued to argue and I played it one more time and she stops, smiles and says, "I was just teasing you. It was a joke!" Nice cover and we all got a nice laugh out of it. In a town of politicians, we just might have one on our hands. Flip flop.

No comments: