Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Waking up early


Lucy and I are not exactly on the same timetable in the mornings. Since I wake up half the night with kicking, hot, or just plain restless, I am too tired in the morning. Now, I recognize that I am lucky that Lucy does not wake up at the crack of dawn but I still want more sleep right now. So she has taken to waking up and playing in bed for a while before I get up, usually about 30 minutes later. Then one morning, I fell back asleep and more than an hour later, I was awakened by the sound of Lucy singing "Happy Birthday to Paolo" at the tippy top of her lungs. When I went in, this is how I found her. Everything had been tossed from her bed, she was settled into the bars of her cell and singing to get attention. Always the happy toddler, she made it a bit easier to get out of bed! She then ate enough breakfast to feed two grown men, and it deserves mentioning: a banana, a pancake, a blueberry muffin, a scrambled egg, blueberries, an orange and a bowl of Cheerios. I guess all that working to wake me up worked up an appetite!

No comments: