Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oh yeah, and there will be another baby

I am definitely feeling the baby move all the time now and Ian actually felt her kicking for the first time the other night. Lucy is still pretty sure that she also has a baby in her "baby belly" and shows me her belly regularly for check ups. While we are excited about another baby, it is so different this time around since Lucy keeps us busier than busy. Due date still set for May 15 although I am pulling for a Derby baby!

I guess I have begun the "nesting" part of pregnancy though since I have been obsessing with finding storage solutions and getting the house together before spring. We found a secretary's desk and a Lane cedar trunk at the Eastern Market in DC (an outdoor flea market for those not in "the know") and both of those give us a good start to being able to clear out some drawer and closet space for the new baby. I also was able to organize all the baby clothes over the holidays and am happy to announce that with a girl, we need pretty much nothing (5 1/2 bins of girl's clothes for a baby under 18 months seems to be enough!) although I'm sure there will be plenty of big sis/little sis things in the mail in the future. Lucy also caught sight of all her old baby toys and now reminds me regularly that "My little sister will share her toys with me and I will share my toys with her". We'll see how that works out when little sis grabs one of her babies, or (GASP!) La La.

No comments: