Friday, December 17, 2010

Here go!

Graham is starting to talk more and more.  The past day or so has brought about new words, phrases and jibber jabber.  He has started to say "Here go!" whenever he hands me something.  He says "cheese!" when having his picture taken.  "Thank you" and "please" are starting to make an appearance as well.  He is saying "Darper" for Harper and "Deuce" for Lucy. 
Last night he was trying to tell me something with such earnest that I had to stop and sit down with him to figure it out.  He said the same babble over and over again with the word "Darper" in it.  Then he would point out the window and stick out his tongue.  After some translation, I figured he was saying Harper, snow and then sticking out his tongue.  Then I said, "Did Harper eat the snow today?"  He smiled a great big smile and said, "Yes!"  Then he repeated several more times with me affirming.  He was so pleased to finally have communicated such a big idea, and he was going to make sure I fully understood.

No comments: