Monday, September 13, 2010

Harperisms

Harper is growing up so fast.  She is virtually a little Lucy and tries so hard to do everything her big sis is doing.  My favorite example of this is when we walk home from school.  Harper suddenly decides that she must walk, which means she has to practically run to keep up with Lucy and she says or talks about whatever Lucy is talking about.  She will even try to finish Lucy's sentences and if you watch her, she is mouthing the words along with Lucy as she listens to every little sound Lucy makes.  With that being said, she still manages to say things that are distinctively Harper.  Here are our favorites:
  • "I gotta get my hair tuff!" or stuff
  • "Where's my poon?"  or spoon
  • "cackers" or crackers
  • "Booty and the Beast" or Beauty and the Beast
  • "Turn on the yite!" or light
  • "I yike spawky tuff" or "I like sparkly stuff"
These things make her sound so little, all the while she can count to 20, knows all her colors, animal sounds, ABCs, some of her shapes and can sing the entire soundtrack from Mary Poppins (both the movie and theatre productions).  She sings all day and all night and makes up songs as well.  My favorite singing moment was when, for at least a solid minute or so she sang, while doing a dance similar to the "Roger Rabbit", "Hum Diddly Hum Diddly I!" from Mary Poppins' "Supercalifragilistiexpialidocius".  It was just that!

No comments: