Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inaugural Weekend

Zanne arrived today to help Ian and I out as we head out for some of the Inaugural festivities going on about town. Lucy put her to work right away. Within minutes they were playing a game, playing with half the toys in the house and reading the same book over (and over, and over) again.
Tomorrow, Sunday, Ian and I will be heading to the Lincoln Memorial for a free concert with the likes of Stevie Wonder, Bruce Springsteen, Beyonce, Usher, Sheryl Crow, John Melloncamp, Bono, etc. Obama will be there as well. I am sure it will be crazy crowded and cold, etc, but we want to take advantage of whatever we can since you never know if we'll have the opportunity again.
Monday we will be staying in DC so as to cut out one of the grueling commutes we will have to make in and out of the city. Layers are the theme of the day. The predicted weather is a high of 30 degrees. I'm sure that some of the couple million of folks on the Mall with us will help with the chill factor, at least that's what I'm telling myself. The other option is to stay at home and watch it all on tv. Nope, that's not an option at all.

No comments: