Monday, July 21, 2008

Puppet show and a fire drill



We went to a puppet show on Monday. It was great, until the fire alarm went off midway through. Lucy got a bonus- a puppet show and 2 fire trucks, including a ladder truck. Both were equally thrilling which just reminds me that even though we were standing out in the blazing heat and Harper was disgruntled and hot, we got a shortened puppet show and our day was held up by the drill, Lucy had a great time. She does have a way of finding pure joy in the least pleasant of experiences and if all else fails, she just starts doing forward rolls, hops or tells a story, sings a song or brings her imaginary friends along for an adventure. It always reminds me to look on the bright side of things, even if I can't jump up and down for minutes at a time or talk to my imaginary friends without people thinking I'm crazy.

No comments: