Friday, October 8, 2010

The Little Phantom

There is a period of time after babies stop cruising and actually walking where you think your mind is actually playing tricks on you.  You know, the baby is in the other room playing and you step out to start dinner and then out of the corner of your eye you see this little person go walking down the hall.  It is sort of like having a little ghost or phantom around.  They are there one minute and then not, and they are so short that it is sort of like they weren't there at all.
This was my experience the other day when Graham went tip toeing down the hallway- there one minute, gone the next.  All was silent. 
I decided to go and check out what the little ghoul was doing.  I checked out his bedroom, not there.  Not in the girls' room or our bedroom.  Then I heard a little shuffle in the bathroom.  And there he was, sitting on Harper's little potty, hands neatly on his chunky little thighs.  When he saw me he started clapping- this is what we do, afterall, when Harper sits on the potty.  My little man already trying to be a "big boy" on the potty- that's not spooky at all- premature, maybe, but not spooky.

No comments: