Sunday, February 28, 2010

Heard around the ol' homestead

  • "Oh, I didn't REALLYize that"- Lucy's form of "realise". There are a lot of things that she does not "reallyize".
  • "No, Man (Graham)! Don't pull hair!" - Harper... "Ahhh! Help! Graham has my hair"- Lucy (Please keep in mind that both of these are heard several times a day and are in response to Graham pulling hair. Of course, you have to be in the poor boy's face to have your hair pulled and both girls spend a lot of time talking in very close range to Graham's face.)
  • "Suga. Suga." This is Harper asking to listen to "Sugar, Sugar". It is her new favorite, a close front runner to "lollipop, lollipop". Both are listened to several times a day, in the guest room, the official dance party location in the house, especially when Graham is sleeping. I am thinking that we will eventually have to install a disco ball above the bed- for dance parties, that is- get your mind out of the gutter!
  • "Hey Graham, stay cool!"- Lucy to Graham. Not sure why he needed the reminder.
  • "Harper wiped her nose on my blanket!" (L) I ask Harper if that is true, she responds, "Yes, I wiped boogers on Lucy's bed." I ask why. Harper replies, "I dunno. I had boogers."
  • "I need a backpack"- Harper as we are walking out the door to get Lucy at school. This results in 10 minutes of her filling a random backpack with even more random items. Items include a princess cell phone, plastic keys, old, used gift cards, baby toys, diaper, a flashlight and a hat. Then her stuffed moose ("moof") is stuffed in as well.
  • "Daddy, I need to get something!" While Ian and the girls were working outside doing post-blizzard clean-up. She would not tell him what she was going to get. He allowed her to go in and get said object. She returns, carrying her child safety scissors to "help cut down bamboo". She apparently went at said bamboo for a while cutting leaf by leaf with her tiny little scissors. She would then "bundle" them up by wrapping an entire length of twine around a single branch and dragging it to the curb.

No comments: