Sunday, February 7, 2010

Graham is almost 5 months






We are nearing 5 months and Graham has made drastic improvements.
For one, he is the happiest kid on the block most of the time now. Why? Because he is sleeping. On most nights he simply turns his head away from me when I put him down awake and he is asleep. That doesn't mean that he is back to sleeping through the night, but he isn't waking up every 15 minutes anymore and doesn't need to be rocked back to sleep or his paci anymore. When he does wake up he eats, burps and is back to sleep, sometimes he fusses for 5 minutes or so, but usually he just nods back to dreamland.
Naps are a different story. He is better in the mornings but in the afternoons he has a hard time napping for longer than 30 minutes although he is begging for more sleep. He will work it out, in time.
No bottles. Don't care about bottles anymore. We have moved onto cereal and applesauce. Yesterday the kiddo couldn't get enough of the sweet stuff. He was grabbing the spoon and shoving it in his mouth and getting upset if I took too long to get it to his mouth. Harper sat with me while I was feeding him and she actually called him "oinky".
He is rolling over, although I still haven't seen him do it. He likes to wait until I turn my back and then he flips over. It is as though this is a game of his because he is always smiling and thrilled to see my reaction when I see that he flipped over.
His feet are his two new best friends. He will work to pull his socks off just so he can chew on his feet. He will also be in a seated position and will fold over completely to chew on his feet. His feet smell like drool. Not good. Boys aren't suppose to have stinky feet until they are much older. Graham doesn't care about stinky feet, he still wants to chew on them at all times. Shoes are his nemesis. But he will chew on them if he has to.

No comments: