Friday, April 8, 2011

Daddy's boy



Graham has become such a Daddy's boy.  He asks for him all day, he cries when he leaves in the morning, he has started standing at the window in the evenings waiting to see his car and when he gets home, there are lots of jumps, smiles, exclamations and real joy at seeing him.  And this pretty much happened all because Ian decided two weeks ago to take Graham, and only Graham, with him to Home Depot and then to a bakery for a treat.  The next weekend they went back to Home Depot.  It seems they have bonded over looking for a new basement door. 
It really is cute, though, especially when he tries to mimic everything Ian does.  If Ian wears a baseball hat, Graham grabs his hand and shows him where his is so he can wear his too.  If Ian wears his vest, Graham yells "Best!" and grabs his as well.  Two peas in a pod. 
I'm not to worry though.  When Ian isn't here, I'm still tops.  Graham has taken to kissing me only on the lips, walks up behind me and yells "hugs!" and gives my legs a big bear hug and he walks by and says "love you!"  He may be Daddy's boy, but he's my little man!


No comments: