Monday, November 30, 2009

How many reindeer?

Well, it has been two days since I got out the holiday music, book, nativity scene and dvds for the kids. Lucy has jumped right in. We have read about "baby Jesus" a billion times already, watched Frosty the snowman, and listened to Christmas music nonstop. Her favorite song is Rudolph, by far. When she asked me tonight if she could play it again, suspending other Christmas music, I said no. "Why?" she asks. I reply, "because I have let you listen to it 6 times in the past hour." She disagrees and adds, "No, we listened to it 7 times." Making my case for me.
I find her often curled up next to the stereo speakers as close as she can be, listening to the music and trying to remember all the words. She is usually looking at holiday books as well. When not listening to the music, she is asking me to sing it, or making up her own words. For the 8 tiny reindeer, she has added the names "Rock and Roll", "Dachsund" and "Downer" to the line up.
It has been two days. I am already tiring of Rudolph and his gang. I am trying to turn her onto the Nutcracker Suite and Charlie Brown's Christmas cd, both of which don't have many words and don't get stuck in your head when repeated over and over again. By the way, Rudolph is Disc 1, track 1 in our cd player. I was already reprimanded for trying to switch it up.

No comments: