Thursday, February 12, 2009

No photos, please

You may have noticed that there are not many photos these days of Lucy. That is because she will not have her photo taken. In fact, when I try to, I usually just end up with the back of her head or some sour puss face- neither of which are very nice for posting.
The one thing she doesn't mind- talking. We are exhausted by the chatter. I explained to Ian a couple weeks ago how tired I am at the end of the day because there is so much talking (mostly nonsense) all day long. It isn't that he didn't believe me, it is just that he needed a weekend to see it in full effect. Our usually chatty little 3 year old has morphed into a person who never shuts up. He now knows. I tune her out much of the time ( I just can't imagine why I care that "baby turtle is sad because he just doesn't know and that he will feel better when baby dolphin comes over to sleep in his house, where he lives with "Gnarly, the giraffe" while the groom makes everybody breakfast since they are going to school and zoo for days and days and all kinds of stuff and in time and then they will have a tea party and Harper can have a tea party and all the animals can come, except baby polar bear who has to take a nap. Hey Alex, come her bud..."- this was the conversation that Lucy just had while I nodded my head and typed her monologue word for word.- See what I mean?)
So no photos, please, but she is always available for comment.

No comments: