Saturday, January 29, 2011

Smile!





I used to take photos of Lucy daily.  I used to take photos of Harper several times a week.  I take photos of Graham a couple times a month.  I knew this would happen.  I just don't have the time to take as many photos of my little baby as I did when Lucy was a baby.  But here's the thing, he isn't such a little baby anymore.  He is growing up very quickly and while very short and very "sturdy", he is talking more and more, able to keep up with his sisters more and more and is looking and acting like a little boy more (and more!)
His latest antics are to climb on anything that will stand still.  This includes the couch, Lucy's bed, trying to climb into his bed, chairs, the kids table, his basketball goal, etc.  He also likes to decide when it is time to go somewhere.  He will pitch a fit when it is the actual time to go and refuse to put on his coat, but at other times, he decides it is time to leave, usually to go get Lucy. He will get his coat, tell me "Go Ucy!" And no, he doesn't understand that we don't need to leave for an hour. He is now pulling the "go!" antic on Ian when he is trying to leave for work.  Guilt trip.
The other morning he came and told me "Barper and Barper"  (he sometimes calls both sisters "Barper") and ran out of the room, only to return a minute later saying "Pay tas".  Yes, I know these aren't "words" but the fact that he can now run into a room and tell me that his sisters are playing trains is a pretty big deal in the world of a little guy who struggles to communicate what he has to say and often resorts to tantrums to get his point across.  I said, "do you want to play trains with them".  "Yes!  tas!"  and ran off to join them.  Now, I won't comment on whether they happily had him join them or not. 
He now knows most of his body parts and likes to put his fingers in my eyes, Ian's nose or ears and tell us our parts as well.  There may be nothing more uncomfortable than a tiny litle finger going directly into your eye, while trying to maintain eye contact and saying "yes, that is my eye!"
And the books.  He has entered the there aren't enough hours in the day to read all the books he wants.  We read and read and read all day long.  His favorites are anything Eric Carle and anything with animals that he can make animal sounds at.  When you combine that with Harper's love for books and Lucy's mastering reading, then that is alot of books in our house being read every day.  My goal: Lucy picking up some of the slack and doing the second runs of books each afternoon.  Second runs are when I have already read a book to Graham but he is insisting on hearing it for the second, third or twentieth time that day.  Don't you think this would be great practice for Lucy?
More photos and info to come, one day, as soon as I have time, and aren't rescuing Graham from himself. 

No comments: