Monday, September 10, 2007

School Days


Lucy started school today and it went off without a hitch (almost). She was so excited this morning she could barely play, eat breakfast or wait for me to get ready. She kept saying "Let's GO!!" When we got there we were a few minutes early and she got upset when she saw her new teacher leave the room. Then when it was time for her to go in, she put on a brave face, gripped my hand really hard and then was just fine. I worked at her school today so I was able to spy on her a couple of times and got progress reports from her teacher and they said she was doing great, playing nicely, following directions, etc. I was working in the 4 year old classroom and when we were coming in from the playground our class accidentally ran into Lucy's class (the Pandas) and that's when it all went downhill. That was at 12:15 and apparently the sight of me being with other kids and not taking her home sent Lucy into a tailspin and she pretty much cried the rest of the day. Thankfully that was only 45 minutes but I still felt bad. She did have a great day overall, had lots to tell me, got french fries as a first day treat and is ready to go back tomorrow.

No comments: